Monday, December 5, 2022

Truth based fictions. Part 1.


It is only the lean of time upon it..



In 1976 when I was 6 years old I had 3 posters on my bedroom wall that my mother had put up to keep me company and I suppose to also make me ponder. One was a painting of a cocktail party where all the guests had guns for heads. Every guest had a different gun identity and each hand held a different drink. When I was laying on my bed this poster was pinned on the wall directly to my right and I could touch it when I reached out. At my tender age I didn’t know anything about guns or drinks, but its message was clear to me. By associating a thing with a person and a person with a thing everyone is a potential killer no matter what drink they happen to be holding, or thereabouts anyways. I’ve searched for this image online several times over the years, but strangely I am still yet to find it. The screenshot above is the result of my latest search. Sometimes I think I might have simply imagined it and it is possible that I have somehow. Gaslighted by my own psyche. It is one of the first memories I have of looking at an image, but I also know that remembering doesn’t necessarily make it true or real and it is only the lean of time upon it that has made it so.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Simon its Paula here. While Im working at my computer Ill try searching for your poster. Im part bloodhound so I may find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and post it here in the comments if you find it, thanks.

    ReplyDelete