Here is another small selection from a new series I am working on called States of Grace.
1. the condition of a person or thing, as with respect to circumstances or attributes: a state of health.
2. a particular condition of mind or feeling: to be in an excited state.
3. an abnormally tense, nervous, or perturbed condition: He's been in a state since hearing about his brother's death.
4. a politically unified people occupying a definite territory; nation.
1. elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion, or action.
2. favor or good will.
3. mercy; clemency; pardon: an act of grace.
4. favor shown in granting a delay or temporary immunity.
5. an allowance of time after a debt or bill has become payable granted to the debtor before suit can be brought against him or her or a penalty applied: The life insurance premium is due today, but we have 31 days' grace before the policy lapses.
6. the influence or spirit of God operating in humans to regenerate or strengthen them.