Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The King And I (edit)

Lexington, KY
Lexington, KY



Lawrence, KS
Lawrence, KS



Thrift Store, KS
Thrift Store, KS



Williams,AZ
Williams, AZ




Shopping Mall, KC,MO


This is small selection of images from another on-going series I call ‘The King and I’.

On my travels in the USA Elvis began appearing to me like some religious/cultural vision in a wide range of places and in the strangest of circumstances. From New York City to rural Kentucky and Virginia to the desert towns of Arizona. He has appeared in Shopping Malls and Thrift Stores and everywhere in between. Elvis has become one of the many ‘psychic coordinate points’ which I mention in the introduction to this blog and I have often orientated myself culturally around his scattered presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment