Wednesday, November 2, 2022

I left town with the intention of never going back..





I arrived in Lenexa, Kansas on April 1st 2018, I had come from the city of Noel in south Missouri, where I had been staying for about eighteen months. I had been in a turbulent and unhealthy relationship with a woman I had met there about a year earlier which was now coming to a bitter end. After I dropped her off at a Salvation Army homeless shelter I left town with the intention of never going back. She was now in trouble with the law and it was closing in. She had outstanding warrants in both Arkansas and Oklahoma and was considered to be (in Missouri) an out of state fugitive. Discovering this just came as more of the same low grade bullshit that my cognitive dissonance had come to accept about her, but this time I no longer wanted any part in it. A couple of weeks later, after I moved to Lenexa to live with my friend, Travis and his family, I heard she had been arrested by police during a traffic stop and went to prison for a year. 






No comments:

Post a Comment