Monday, April 25, 2022

I was never going to be able to leave..



You know when you have driven far enough, you can feel it. There are several stages to leaving and each stage is assigned a distance. These distances can be both physical and mental. Each distance is unique to each of us, as is the stage order to the leaving itself. The stages are only consistent across time with the first initial thought and the last physical action. You do know when you have driven far enough, but to truly leave a place is not such an easy task. There are some places that I left a long time ago, only to later discover that I was still there, emotionally, and the place was tangled up inside me and I was never going to be able to leave, no matter how far I drove or for how long. Sometimes a place is a person and my dreams have become a purgatory of souls that I cannot let go of and I have, over the years, become a haunted house where I have been afraid to spend the night.. So with this now being said, a question now begs; why leave anywhere ever again?


2 comments:

  1. The reason to leave is NEW Sensations.. (a tune by Lou Reed), NEW people and experience's.. always to meld and mold into.. No person ... I have ever met .. doesn't leave me without a thought.. AND Thoughts are what keeps us moving..

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My dreams have become a purgatory of souls I cannot let go of" is a beautiful sentence and I can relate to it.

    ReplyDelete