Saturday, January 26, 2013

I Have Always Been Here Before


Pioneers, KS



Thursday January 23rd marked five years since I arrived in America. Over this time I have been fortunate enough to visit 29 of it's States and been able to make photographs in most of them. It is this journey which I have documented (sporadically) here in this blog. America has come as one of the great inspirations of my life, both personally and artistically. With a profound feeling of both strangeness and familiarity it has often crossed my mind, that, in whatever previous incarnation I might have had, traveling to America is a journey which I have somehow always ended up making. It echo's right through me too, out of viscera and into dreams, with images of a flickering succession of sea vessels, down through the wormhole of history and back to it's discovery. Now Today, with a strange sense of deja vu, I heard myself whisper; "I have always been here before".



Untitled




       

1 comment:

  1. The article written is really great and informative. will be looking further for these type of posts. Thanks.
    Agoraphobia

    ReplyDelete