Sunday, June 24, 2012

Overland Park (continued) Peripheral Vision.


Shawnee, KS


Shawnee, KS


Untitled


Post Office


Lenexa, KS


Shawnee, KS


Shawnee, KS


Shawnee, KS

Lenexa, Olatha and Shawnee, KS

Continuing my on-going project in Overland Park, I thought it might be interesting to show this selection of photographs which were made (in most cases) accidentally, in the adjacent cities of Lenexa, Shawnee and Olatha. Over time I've discovered that without the careful consultation of local maps before my wanderings begin, the borderlines between these suburban Kansas City satellites can become blurred.

A portrait of a place is often a portrait of the self. The geographical restrictions which I have put on this project are purely a practice in photographic self discipline and focused meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment