Thursday, July 14, 2011

Niagara Falls, NY


Niagara Falls, NY
Tourists


Niagara Falls, NY
Tourists


Niagara Falls
Gift Shop


Niagara Falls
Tourist views the Falls via iPad

Niagara Falls, NY


Niagara Falls
Tourists

These photographs are from my recent trip to Niagara Falls. For me, Niagara is one of those almost mythical places that I had always, especially as a child, dreamed of visiting. I have discovered though, the reality of these dream locations is an altogether different experience. Like all the great mysterious, beautiful, powerful and legendary landscapes, such a the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and the Pyramids at Giza, it came as no surprise to me that Niagara Falls, like all the others, was heaving with tourists attempting to fulfill the same romantic dream as my own.

Regardless of the crowds, which could not be in any way avoided and which became part of my photographic vision of the place, Niagara Falls left me spellbound and ultimately wordless with it's awesome beauty.


Niagara Falls


2 comments:

  1. Simon, always interesting to see "the Falls" from the eye of someone who's not local. Living in Toronto I regularly take friends from Europe there as part of my "Canadian Tour" on the quick. Like you they seem to enjoy it.

    My shots of Niagara are of a totally different nature.

    cheers Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jan, I always enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for following. Where can I see your own Niagara photographs?

    ReplyDelete