Thursday, November 12, 2009

Permanent Resident (States of Grace)

Event
Welcome (Event)



Immigration Lawyers Office
Immigration lawyers Office



Suite 300
Suite 300



Overland Park, KS
Overland Park, KS



El Reno, OK
El Reno, OK


This morning I had my interview with U.S. immigration. After a year of preparation I was finally given the status of Permanent Resident and given a Green Card.


These images are part of a body of work I have been working on over this past year which explore both the immigration process and my personal experience in the United States during the recession. The series as a whole is called 'States of Grace'. When completed the work will contain apx 200 images, divided into four seasons/chapters with a text to accompany it.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful start to this series of images -- I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. Found your photos today via La Pura Vida - we got our green cards within months of each other (got mine in August 09). My photos are not nearly as good as yours though. Something to aim for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalie, I am glad you found me. I was honored to be given a feature at La Pure Vida, it is a wonderful photo-web-site. I have only just discovered your message here though, sorry, it is because I do not get notified of any comments made on my blog, for some reason. Thank you so much for your kind words and I would like to view your own work sometime. Best to you, Simon

    ReplyDelete